hide/show menu buttons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 30 21:22:01 EDT 2002

On 8/30/02 3:12 PM, Shari wrote:

> I want to hide/show menu buttons when entering a card.

Is this just so that you can change the menus on the fly? I haven't
tested either one, but I can think of a couple of things to try.

First you could try just re-naming the button rather than hiding it, and
resetting its contents to what the new menuitems should be. You'd need
case statements in the main switch structure to cover all the menu items
that are currently in two buttons now.

The other way would be to build a second menu group, place it, and hide
it. When you want to change menus, hide the whole first group and show
the second group -- that should make it appear to change on Windows
machines too. For the Mac users, set the defaultmenubar to whichever
group is supposed to be in use.

As I said, I haven't tried either one of these. The first way sounds
easier to maintain.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com