Sockets and Servers with Linux 2.4.3

David Bovill david.bovill at opn-technologies.com
Fri Aug 30 11:18:01 EDT 2002

Haven't tracked this down yet... but in moving a simple http server
stack over to run under the Linux 2.4.3 engine - I get no connection.
The same stack serves up files fine with the 2.4.2 MacOs PPC version.

I note there have been some changes to the way datagram sockets work in
2.4.3:

  The operation of datagram sockets has been changed on all platforms.
  In previous releases it was not possible to read and write to the same
  datagram socket.  Now, you can do a single "read from socket <s> with
  message <m>" on the client datagram socket after opening it and all
  packets that arrive on that socket will send message <m>.  On the
  datagram server side, when a new packet arrives, a new socket that has
  the client address will be opened.  You can then write to this socket
  to send a message back to the client, or immediately close it if only
  new incoming packets are needed.

Could this change the way the HTTP server works - based on Andu's
original....