Progress During Downloads

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Aug 28 09:01:01 EDT 2002

At 11:44 am -0700 27/8/02, Ray Horsley wrote:
>If I use "put url myUrl into url myDiskPath" for a lengthy download, does
>anybody know of a way to receive information from MetaCard during the
>download so a progress graph can be shown to the user?

The "traditional" way to do this was to use "load url", and then use
the urlStatus function to track the download with a "send <message>
... in <time>" routine. This wasn't possible with the "blocking" url
calls such as "get url" and your example.

However, the latest libUrl release (1.0.8a1) has a callback feature
which enables you to track progress during all downloads/uploads.
More information is at the following url:

<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/interimreleases/liburl/releases.shtml>

Cheers
Dave Cragg