Demo stack not working in Linux

Rich Mooney tech at paynesparkman.com
Fri Aug 23 11:58:00 EDT 2002

> >I got the same results on my own Suse 6 to 8 boxes. I did'nt sarch in
> >about solving the problems but it has probably to do with the paths in
> >witch the demo stack is searching the pictures and others add-ones ?
>
> >--
> >Best Regards, Pierre Sahor
>
> Ummh... I hadn't check the source code of the demo stack extensively, but
> it seem to me at first glance that it uses relative paths instead of
> absolute ones (which, in theory, let the users run the demo no matter
> where MetaCard was installed).
>
> It's good to know that other SuSE fellow has the same problem. Now, would
> be this issue a distro specific one? Linux users in other distros had
> notice this problem?

I've seen the same problem on Windows but haven't investigated it too
deeply.  I'm pretty sure it occurred after I upgraded to a new engine.  You
could try downloading the full new distribution rather than just the upgrade
file (assuming that's not what you've done already).

Rich Mooney
Payne Sparkman Mfg.
shop at paynesparkman.com