Launch Local HTML File

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 22 14:54:01 EDT 2002

Recently, Richard Gaskin lamented the difficulty of launching a local HTML
file on Mac OSX in the user's default browser (Richard and I have often
commiserated about needlessly complicated issues such as this).  I thought
there should be some way to handle this and after much trial and error
(until four in the morning, like an idiot) I arrived at an AppleScript that
seems to do the job.

  http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/Local_Launcher.hqx

It's not pretty -- it uses the brute force method of writing a "launcher"
file to the temp directory -- but it seems to work reliably and could be
adapted to work from within MetaCard.  A few comments are contained in the
script file.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director