How to unprotect an HC 2.x password protected stack ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 22 12:33:00 EDT 2002

On 8/22/02 7:34 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
> Hi Anybody there,
>
> After a long time without using MacOS/Hypercard, i'm yet using Classic
> to run some old but usefull HC stacks to convert them to
> MacOSX/Metacard. One of thoses stacks is password protected and, so
> stupid i'm, i forgot witch password i entered, four years ago. Before
> begining to hack the stack code in using BBedit and Metacard, is there
> someone to have a idea or method about how to unlock this HC stack ?
> Thank's a lot for any help ;)

You need to use one of two externals that strip off the password
entirely. One is called "Deprotect" and the other is "Unprotect". Which
one you use depends on which format your stack is in -- if it is still
in 1.x format, then you need Deprotect. If the stack was written in HC
2.x (or converted to 2.x) then you need Unprotect. Most stacks are in
2.x format these days.

I will send you a copy of Unprotect in email.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com