Fw: application slowing down

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Aug 21 06:17:01 EDT 2002

"J. Landman Gay" wrote:

> On 8/20/02 5:36 PM, Karl Becker wrote:
> > Do I remember correctly that HyperCard had some sort of bug that related
> > to ticks being incorrectly reported after using them a long time?  I'm
> > just having a foggy clue of this, I don't know if MetaCard inherited
> > this problem.
>
> The problem isn't with HyperCard, which just asks the OS for the
> information. The problem is that some background processes that can
> cause the tick count to be thrown off, so relying on ticks for precise
> timing accuracy isn't a good idea. Ticks are accurate enough for general
> polling though, where small time deviations aren't important.
>
> --

Hi,

Just alike Jacque said, no problems knowed with ticks in HC 2.35 and
over. Perhaps could you try to avoid thoeses probables WIN32-based
problems by using the "on idle" handler with something like :

--
Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif