Fw: application slowing down

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 20 19:31:00 EDT 2002

On 8/20/02 5:36 PM, Karl Becker wrote:
> Do I remember correctly that HyperCard had some sort of bug that related
> to ticks being incorrectly reported after using them a long time?  I'm
> just having a foggy clue of this, I don't know if MetaCard inherited
> this problem.

The problem isn't with HyperCard, which just asks the OS for the
information. The problem is that some background processes that can
cause the tick count to be thrown off, so relying on ticks for precise
timing accuracy isn't a good idea. Ticks are accurate enough for general
polling though, where small time deviations aren't important.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com