Spell Checker

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Tue Aug 6 16:20:01 EDT 2002

on 8/6/02 9:28 AM, Yates, Glen at JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com wrote:

>> on 8/2/02 6:44 PM, J. Landman Gay at jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:

>> expect to find.
>> word while bringing
>>>
>>> You could set the backcolor of the text chunk. It looks
>> like hiliting
>>> but is permanent. I.e.:
>>>
>>> set the backcolor of char 1 to 5 of fld 1 to "yellow"
>>
>> Thanks for the reply Jackie, however, the problem with
>> highlighting the text
>> (using Metacard's highlighting) is that the instant I bring
>> up another stack
>> as a modal which lets users determine wether they want to ignore the
>> misspelled word, change it, etc. the highlighting goes away since I'm
>> providing a blinking insertion point in the modal.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,  Ray
>
> Ray, did you even read Jackie's message? She's telling you to try setting
> the backcolor property of your field, not to rely on Metacard's highliting.
>
> You could do something like the following:
>
> on exitField
> set the backcolor of the selectedchunk to yellow
> end exitField
>
> Now, if you go to any other stack the text will remain pseudo-highlited.
>
> One point, if you click a button to go to the other stack, then you must set
> traversal off for that button or else the selectedchunk will be destroyed
> before the exitField handler is run.
>
> -Glen

Thanks, Glen.  Yes I read Jackie's message, it just didn't 'click' right
away what the backColor would do.  Nonetheless, I think I'll stick with the
arrow graphic pointing at the topLeft of the misspelled word instead of
highlighting just the text.  I think it'll be more obvious that way.

Thanks for you help.

Ray