Spell Checker

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Tue Aug 6 12:31:01 EDT 2002

> on 8/2/02 6:44 PM, J. Landman Gay at jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:
>
> > On 8/2/02 4:38 PM, Ray Horsley wrote:
> >
> >> I've written a spell checker with all the things one would
> expect to find.
> >> It has just one problem:  I can't highlight a misspelled
> word while bringing
> >> up a second stack as a modal
> >
> > You could set the backcolor of the text chunk. It looks
> like hiliting
> > but is permanent. I.e.:
> >
> > set the backcolor of char 1 to 5 of fld 1 to "yellow"
>
> Thanks for the reply Jackie, however, the problem with
> highlighting the text
> (using Metacard's highlighting) is that the instant I bring
> up another stack
> as a modal which lets users determine wether they want to ignore the
> misspelled word, change it, etc. the highlighting goes away since I'm
> providing a blinking insertion point in the modal.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,  Ray

Ray, did you even read Jackie's message? She's telling you to try setting
the backcolor property of your field, not to rely on Metacard's highliting.

You could do something like the following:

on exitField
  set the backcolor of the selectedchunk to yellow
end exitField

Now, if you go to any other stack the text will remain pseudo-highlited.

One point, if you click a button to go to the other stack, then you must set
traversal off for that button or else the selectedchunk will be destroyed
before the exitField handler is run.

-Glen