? What are Metacard's UDP (datagram) Limits

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Apr 29 23:41:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, April 29, 2002, at 09:12 PM, Sparticus Zarris, Cross
Country Communications wrote:

> Turns out, I can send any amount of data, any kind of data, but no
> more than EXACTLY 65,507 bytes.

There is a limit on a UDP datagram size.  I don't know the exact
size, but it is about this size.  A datagram including its header
data (8 bytes) is packaged in a general IP packet which also
includes some header data.  The whole thing cannot be larger than
about 64 K.

> If I sent 65,508 bytes, NO PART OF THE DATA IS SENT.  NO ERROR IS
> REPORTED.

Yes, an error might be appropriate.  Did you look at result()?

Dar Scott