Text editors

Simon Lord slord at mac.com
Sat Apr 27 14:35:01 EDT 2002

Has anyone successfully created a text editor with metacard for
use in the following fashion:

I have a current need to create a simple text editor that runs
*in the browser*.  This would be to replace the standard
textarea tag that lacks any sophisticated editing capabilities
whatsoever.  With metaCard's ability to run on the server, I was
wondering what mc's limitations were with regards to create a
.mt script that could allow for creating an inline editor into
an html page.  Can mc interact with a textarea field in the same
way it does *within* metacard?

Anyone even try this?  Samples?