MC & openGL

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Fri Apr 12 23:35:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 01:36  PM, Yates, Glen wrote:

> OpenGL would be an incredible addition to MC, but put me on the list
> for it
> being a native part of Metacard, as I need it to work on several
> different
> platforms. This feature alone would sell many more seats of MC in my
> company.
>
> -Glen Yates

Having it built-in would be the best.  That way we get that legendary MC
support to make it good.

What other cool gaming support can you people think of that would be
really helpful in this area of development.  I am just getting started
in this area and am not sure if I will find myself missing something.  I
know there are users on this list that develop games.  It would be good
to create a wish list based on your experience so far.

It would be good to get these ideas on the request list for Scott.  If
enough of us are out there that need these same features, they will come
sooner than later.  Now is the time to voice your needs if there are any.

While I am here, has anyone created any commercial games with MC yet?  A
comprehensive list of all commercial and shareware products create with
MC would be very cool.  I may be wrong, but I think Richard Gaskin was
working on something like that in the past.

-Mark Talluto