Dial a phone number

Alejandro Tejada iluminada.b at codetel.net.do
Mon Apr 8 20:21:01 EDT 2002

--
Macintosh users that want to dial a Phone
number from MetaCard using a Global Village
Voice-Modem must add "return" after dNumber.

on dial dNumber -- function by Sjoerd Op 't Land
   open file modem: for write
   write "ATDT" && dNumber && return to file modem:
end dial dNumber

As I don't want to close the modem inmediatly
after dialing, I put the last handler
in a button:

on mouseUp
close file modem:
end mouseUp

Thanks a lot to Sjoerd, Mathias and the
Administrators of the MetaCard Mailing list!

Alejandro

Mathias Glaus wrote/ schreef:

>  Hello,
>
>  Few years ago, I have used the dial function in Hypercard, e.g. : dial
>  05552222
>
>  What is the corresponding function in Metacard?

There is none in MetaCard. You could try to build something like that
yourself. E.g.:

on dial dNumber
   open file "modem:" for write
   write "ATDT" && dNumber to file "modem:"
   close file "modem:"
end dial dNumber

>  Mathias Glaus
Regards, / Groeten,