Great day!

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Apr 5 17:30:01 EST 2002

"J. Landman Gay" a écrit :

> Shari wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to take the time to say that I've really fallen in love
> > with Metacard.  The many features that take it way beyond
> > Hypercard... and allow me to do things in a wondrous new way.
>
> I think that's pretty much the case with everyone who gives it a fair
> shot. The same thing happened to me, and I can't imagine going back to
> HyperCard now. But of course, if you say something like this on the HC
> list, you'd get lynched. :)

Some years ago, i was running Hypercard 2.41 and Supercard 2.52 apps and
cgi under MacOS 8.6 and i was waiting after HyperCard 3.0 and the next
Rapshody DR issue... After Apple killed HC, alike Oracle killed Oracle
Media Objects, i surfed the Web and found Metacard 2.25 from Scott Raney
!!! Because Metacard is, before stuffs like SK8, Rexx, Java or
RealBasic/Visual Basic, the very best (and fast-running) cross-platform
development tool, i became able to produce Linux and Win32 apps and
could wait without any stress up to have MacOSX available for work again
on the Apple platform. The Metacard's limits are definitively out of
imagination... Thank's again and again for doing it, Scott ;-)

Kind Regards to all, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif