Launching Acrobat twice

Hugh Senior H at flexibleLearning.com
Fri Apr 5 14:30:27 EST 2002

>I have a need to launch multiple files in Acrobat 5 in Windows - at
>the user's request.
>
>Launching the first one works great. (using the registry, etc. to get
>the proper path etc.)
>
>Launching the second one either does nothing (XP) or crashes Acrobat (98).
>
>How is this supposed to be done?  In other applications that I have
>done in MC, I just killed off Acrobat (or word, or whatever) and
>relaunched it. This is not an option in this project.
>
>Any ideas?

The EXT.dll handles this particular requirement for us, after fighting with
'launch' and getting nowhere. Available from http://www.runrev.com in the
MetaCard section, I think.

/H

Hugh Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: mailto:admin at flexibleLearning.com
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com