New record

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Tue Apr 2 16:36:01 EST 2002

on 4/2/02 5:55 AM, Signe Marie Sanne at signe.sanne at roman.uib.no wrote:

> Hello
> I just downloaded the newest build and started to test out the new
> record function. On Mac 8.5.1 I am able to record my own voice with
> "answer record", but the speed is double (in earlier builds it
> sometimes was half). On Windows 2000 I do not get any recording at
> all.
>
> I have also tried the following script and tested a variety of
> settings (to no avail):
>
> on recordMyVoice
>
> global  lydfil, nr
>
> add 1 to nr
> enable btn "stopp opptak"
> put value (word 2 of the long name of this stack) into temp
> set itemDel to "/"
> delete last item of temp
> set itemDel to comma
> if the platform = "macos" then put "/minlyd"  & nr & ".mov" after
> temp --I have tried .aif and .ulaw as well
> if the platform = "win32" then put "/minlyd"  & nr & ".aif" after  temp
> put temp into lydfil
> if the platform = "win32" then
> set the recordrate to "44.1"
> set the recordcompression to "raw "
> set the recordFormat to "aiff"
> set the recordInput to "emic"
> end if
> if the platform = "macos" then
> set the recordrate to "22.05"
> set the recordcompression to "raw "
> set the recordFormat to "ulaw"
> set the recordInput to  "emic"
> end if
> record sound file lydfil
> put the seconds into nsecs
> repeat while recording is true
> wait for 0.20 seconds with messages
> set the thumbposition of scrollbar 1 to recordloudness()
> end repeat
> put "recorded for "&&the seconds - nsecs&&"seconds"
> set the thumbposition of scrollbar 1 to 0
> end recordMyVoice
>
> Has anybody got this to work?
>
> Regards
> Signe Marie Sanne

I've experienced the exact same double-speed recording problem using
MetaCard 2.4.2 B4 with a Mac PowerBook G3 running 8.6.  Scott tells me it's
a QuickTime bug.  I found recording worked fine on a desktop PowerMac G3
running 9.1.  It also worked fine on an iMac running 8.6.  I haven't tested
it yet on my Sony/Windows ME machine, but I'll post something when I do.

I guess the question is, does anybody have any suggestions for contacting
Apple about this?

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software