metacard digest, Vol 1 #18 - 9 msgs

Ray G Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 30 15:03:00 EST 2001

> Try removing any resources from the resource fork and see if that doesn't
> fix it.  There have been issues reported with some instances of code
> resources not being unloaded properly.

I have no resources in any of the MC stacks.. Absolutely pure MC, written in MC 2.3.2.

> > 2) The hilitecolor of fields (setup as lists) is a 30-40% gray, not the yellow
> > I normally choose.
>
> While I seem to be the only other person reporting this, I have seen that
> all stacks created with any earlier version of MC will have some of their
> colors set at the stack level in 2.4 and 2.4.1.   If you had previously
> relied on having the colors of your mainstack be inherited by your
> substacks, you'll need to clear the topcolor, hilitecolor, and
> backgroundcolor properties of your substacsk to resume that inheritance.

Tried all that and the problem still persists. I've pulled all the subStacks out and run them as standalones. What's
really strange is that the MC Help stack's hilite color is displayed correctly!?!

> You can always check that by setting the lookandfeel property to "Macintosh"
> and see if that makes a difference.

Also did that. Look's like Mac's best OS, 7.6.1, is going the way of the dodo bird... I truly hate running the
snail-bloatware that's come down from on high since Jobs been on the job.

Ray
--

Ray G. Miller
MailTo:rgmiller at pacbell.net