MAC OS 7.6.1 crash

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Thu Nov 29 16:34:00 EST 2001

Ray G Miller wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I fired up MC 2.4.1 running Mac OS 7.6.1 on a G-3, and have encountered a
> couple of problems:
>
> 1) Clicking the "Closebox" will produce a Type 1 error (and crash) every time.
> (The stack can be closed by using cnd-W or "Close Stack" from the Menu.)

Try removing any resources from the resource fork and see if that doesn't
fix it.  There have been issues reported with some instances of code
resources not being unloaded properly.

> 2) The hilitecolor of fields (setup as lists) is a 30-40% gray, not the yellow
> I normally choose.

While I seem to be the only other person reporting this, I have seen that
all stacks created with any earlier version of MC will have some of their
colors set at the stack level in 2.4 and 2.4.1.   If you had previously
relied on having the colors of your mainstack be inherited by your
substacks, you'll need to clear the topcolor, hilitecolor, and
backgroundcolor properties of your substacsk to resume that inheritance.

> 3) Clicking a line in a field setup as a list produces a "Unexpected Error"
> and crash some of the time. It may be related to the "beep" command.

Again, check for external calls, esp. those involving stacks being closed.
Your case may not be related to that, but with 2.4.1 those are the only hard
crashes I've had.

> Could the above be Appearance Manager problems?

You can always check that by setting the lookandfeel property to "Macintosh"
and see if that makes a difference.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish your database on the Web