web enable metacard applications

Klaus kmajor at metascape.org
Thu Nov 29 06:21:01 EST 2001

Hi Richard,

> hi,
>
> May I know how to web-enable metacard applications to run on a browser?

well, this is something we all would like to know ;-)

Unfortunately this is not possible directly.

Or does someone know about an MC-browser-plug-in ?

The MetaCard file-format is unique. That means that the browser
cannot display *.mc files.

There are 2 possible solutions, which may not satisfy you completely.

1. You can define MetaCard as a helper-application for your browser.

Means the browser will launch MetaCard when you click an URL that is
pointing to a mc-file and MC will display that stack.
(Unfortunately i cannot explain how to...)

2. Let MC be your browser for mc-files.

Means that you create a stack that will download and display mc-files.

I hope this helps, although it might not be very satisfying.

Regards,

Klaus Major <kmajor at metascape.org>
MetaScape GmbH