[Metacard] capturing the "return" key in a field

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Mon Nov 26 17:08:00 EST 2001

Ok, I give up.  What's the secret?  This should be obvious and simple, but I
can't get any of the alternatives to work.  I have a simple field that
collects responses when given the focus, and I want to prevent the user from
typing a return into the field.  However, none of keyDown, rawKeyDown, etc.
seem to do it.  In the ref stack, it is implied for all that all I have to
do is *not* pass the key if it is return and all should be fine, but
regardless of what I do ***even if I pass nothing from the handler*** a
return is still entered into the field.  What gives?  For example, the
handler in the field scipt:

on rawKeyDown x
end rawKeyDown

*still* puts a return in the field!  I am more than a little baffled, not to
say frustrated.  Metacard PPC 2.4.
--
"Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators."
-- Richard Dawkins

John R. Vokey