[Metacard] Re: detailed files function

andu undo at cloud9.net
Fri Nov 23 10:45:00 EST 2001

Rolf Kocherhans wrote:

> I am playing with the detailed files function:
>
> -- put the detailed files into field "Current Files"
>
> Is it possible to get the detailed files of a remote file ala:
>
> put "http://www.myserver.ch/test.mc.gz" into href
> put the detailed files of URL href into field "Current Files"
>
> What I need of the file /test.mc.gz is only the creation or the
> modification date, based on a comparison with a local date I would
> then download the file or not.

Not like that. "put "http://www.myserver.ch/test.mc.gz" into href"
downloads the text of the file. Best you can do is use ftp to get a
listing of the directory your file is in and that listing will include
the date the file was modified.
Something like:

put url "ftp://ftp.myserver.ch/directory/" into temp
put line lineOffset("test.mc.gz",temp) of temp into fld "Current Files"

...and get your date from there.

> Any help ?
>
> Cheers
> Rolf