configuration file

David Frank dfchem at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 01:50:01 EST 2001

I am using Machttp as the Web server, trying to get
Metacard's survey.mt script to run in the cgi-bin
folder, which also contains the Metacard Mac
application. On the client side I've downloaded the
Survey stack, and have edited the script of the Post
button to my URL.  What comes back to the stack is the
script itself, not the results of running the script's
instructions.

I have a feeling I need a line in the configuration
file to identify that MC is to be called up by the
script. From the default config. file I learn:
#These lines define the suffix and file type mappings
for MIME types.
creator> <mime type>
#Some examples from the config file are:
TEXT    .HTML TEXT * text/html
BINARY  .GIF  GIFf * image/gif
CGI .CGI APPL * text/html
ACGI .ACGI APPL * text/html
SCRIPT  .SCRIPT TEXT * text/html
SCRIPT  * TEXT ToyS text/html

I've tried several configurations but nothing works,
if in fact that is the problem. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Dave