mailTo problems

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Dec 14 10:02:01 EST 2001

Hugh,

I don't know if this works on XP, but here's my handler... perhaps you could
try it and see if it worked?

on GoMail tMailTo
  switch (the platform)
  case "MacOS"
    send "mailto:"&tMailTo to program "Finder" with "GURLGURL"
    break
  case "Win32"
    -- First, read the WIndows registry to get the default calling command
for HTML files
    put queryRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command\") into
tMailApp
    if tMailApp = "" then exit STS_GoMail
    if (quote & "%1" & quote) is in tMailApp then replace quote & "%1" &
quote with tMailTo in tMailApp
    if "%1" is in tMailApp then replace "%1" with tMailTo in tMailApp
    set cursor to watch
    open process tMailApp for neither
    break
  end switch