2.3 to 2.4.1 upgrade (was "(no subject)") error

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Thu Dec 13 13:06:00 EST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 Eva Isotalo <eisot at algonet.se> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm getting following error message  when using a stack which worked on MC
> 2.3. I don't know how to respond, if I have some strange programming or if
> it is something else.
>
> Object: button "Script..." of card "Execution Error Card" of stack
> "Execution Error" of stack "D:MC2.4-1/mctools.mc"
>
> When checking, it "markes" the line in:
>
> on mouseUp
>    editScript the long id of the errorobject of this card
> end mouseUp
>
> What should I do here?

You need to use the resource mover to either delete the old execution
error dialog from your stacks or move a new copy in there.  The
dialogs from 2.3 are not compatible with 2.4.  This is a good general
rule: if you've used the resource mover during development, you should
use it again whenever you upgrade to get new copies of these dialogs.
  Regards,
    Scott