record sound bug

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Thu Dec 13 12:19:03 EST 2001

> amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>
> On Mac I have found that the corresponding panel is called "Apple
> Simple Sound Record Dialog", but I do not know how to open it from
> within MC. I'm sure someone must have the right recipe, either using
> "GURLGURL", open process, or launch or something, or an Apple Event.
> I'm eagerly looking forward to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
> --

You can launch the application "simpleSound" if it is present on the system, but you must then specify "new sound", record the sound, then specify the name and place to save it.  i.e.  it is fairly labor intensive.  So, instead, I have used a dedicated supercard stack which I can then pass all this info on to with a simple copy paste into a supercard field.  I can then launch this supercard stack each time from metacard and use this to access the apple record dialog.  After using this dialog, it does not ask
you to specify the file name and location, as the simple sound dialog does.  I do not know if that means it is actually a different dialog, or if that asking behaviour comes from the application 'simplesound'.  But you are right, it would be nice if we could access the same dialog direct from metacard.  If supercard can do it, surely metacard can too.  The dialog is nice as it allows multiple recordings and playbacks before one actually commits to saving anything as a file on the HD.  This is, as it turns
out, often crucial.

mark mitchell