Strange Visuals

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Dec 3 01:39:01 EST 2001

At 3:40 PM -0800 12/2/2001, Shari wrote:
>Hmmm.... at the moment, only half of my visuals are working, even
>from the message box.  I could swear they worked before.  I haven't
>had a chance to build a new stack and see if my stack is corrupt, or
>if it is something else.  I'm in 2.4.1 starter mode.  I did reinstall
>the program, and that didn't do it.  Wonder if there is a connection??

When you start up MC, before you do anything QuickTime-related (such as
displaying a player), set the dontUseQT to false. Then try the problematic
effects again.

If they work as expected without QT enabled, the problem is probably that
2.4 uses QuickTime for several of the formerly built-in visual effects, and
the QT effects are more CPU-intensive (and don't work well, in my
experience, on slower machines).

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!