Movie text tracks

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue May 17 13:28:59 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I’m resurrecting some QuickTime movies from years ago, and some of them have text tracks. (Remember those?)

In the LC player object you can still see that there is a text track with `put the tracks of player 1`. But there doesn’t seem to be a way anymore to show text tracks, either in the player object or in QT Player. All of the hits I get on the topic in a DuckDuckGo search are 15 - 20 years old.

Anybody know how to show, or at least recover, old text tracks from video files?

(Man I hate it when the technology gets *less* capable!)

- Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University