Stylistic question.

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 23 19:59:58 EDT 2022

Red-dotting:
A couple of things:
1) I don't use the SE very often, so I have not tried red-dotting before
building. However, "BREAKPOINT" works.
2) Once you have the remote debugger up, you can red-dot all you like, and
they will stick until the app closes
3) When I'm debugging (like I am, tonight), I have a group of debugging
buttons that I have show in the app. One of those is just
on mouseUp
      global lastCommand
      ask "What" with lastCommand
      if it is not empty then
            put it into lastCommand
            do it
      end if
end mouseUp
When the dialog pops up, I type something like
breakpoint; send "mouseUp" to someControl

and I'm in the debugger, in that control

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 1:34 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> OIC I didn't grok you were talking about standalone apps.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Jun 23, 2022, at 10:25 , J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> >
> > Breakpoints work fine in the IDE. But script only stacks do not retain
> them when remote debugging, or at least they didn't for me. Are you talking
> about mobile apps?
> > --
> > Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> > HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com