char as word boundary

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jun 7 21:03:42 EDT 2022

Hmm. I jumped without thinking…I was thinking if unicode char 2029 which is the paragraph separator.

Unicode Char 202 is supposed to be Latin Capital Letter E With Circumflex.

But 202 is beyond the standard ascii range so the deprecated numtochar(202) will return an extended ascii character depending on the platform. On a Mac, 202 is a non-breaking space which should be a word boundary (or maybe shouldn’t be? Looks like the LC team changed it’s collective mind). On Windows it is capital E circumflex, the same as unicode— I now understand your concern, Jean-Jacques.

So it is a bug but as numtochar() is deprecated not one that is going to be fixed.

Neville