Livecode Builder developer wanted

harrison at all-auctions.com harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu Jul 28 11:57:55 EDT 2022

Hi Paul,

I seriously doubt that anyone would be chomping at the bit for this task.

First, you expect the person to spend their free time looking at the task to
determine the effort and cost required to accomplish the task.  There is
no paid incentive to do that first step.  If after the person gave you their
estimate, and you decided you didn’t like it, then the developer has lost
their time and effort for nothing.

Secondly you have stated that you expect the effort required would be
no more than 1 day.  It’s very possible that your 1 day projection is
completely off the mark. If it took the person more time than that, you
would probably be dissatisfied.  Who would want to deal with that?

Thirdly, even if your projection of 1 day of effort was 100% correct, why would
anyone want to bother trying to do the task for just one day’s pay?  It simply
isn’t worth the time or the hassle for any potential programmer to want to
deal with the task for that reason alone.

So yes, the bottom line here for you is that you indeed will have to work
on the task yourself or it’s not going to get done at all.

I hope you will keep this in mind for any future work you would like
to have performed.

I have to get back to my work here.

I hope you have a fruitful and productive day!

Cheers,

Rick