tsNet Gmail Email

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 23 16:26:38 EST 2022

On 1/23/22 2:23 PM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just tried out email using the tsNet LiveCode lesson
> that was updated on 8/17/2020.
>
> I ran into an error (67) when trying to send using Gmail.
>
> Google has updated their security for 3rd party Apps, and
> now you need to use an App password.
>
> How can an App password be included for a tsNet
> email when using Gmail?

You can't, app passwords are user-specific and need to be created by each user. This has been
the case for some time, and I needed to do that for both my Android email client and
Thunderbird on my Mac.

If your users are running any other third party email client they've already had to create an
app password for it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com