OT: Wordle

Stephen Barncard stephen at barncard.com
Sun Jan 16 17:42:41 EST 2022

This list uses an ancient version of mailman that does not except
attachments of any kind, including images. You just need to find a place to
host the stuff you want to share and use the URL.

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:54 David Squance via use-livecode <

> Thanks to Ali for creating this and making it available. However, I have a
> question about the dictionary used and whether the secret word in any given
> turn is chosen at random from that dictionary.
>
> My last game got me to:  ALOE-
>
> The first four letters are green, the last, an S is black. I tried to send
> a screenshot, but it’s too big for the list. Regardless of the other
> letters I’d used up, I can’t come up with anything that makes sense. Aloe
> as a verb? That’s a real stretch and not in the American Scrabble
> dictionary.
>
> Any ideas?
> Dave
>
> > On Jan 7, 2022, at 2:53 AM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode <
> >
> > Many of you will no doubt already be addicted to the game 'Wordle' (if
> not,
> > prepare to be: https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/) - the only
> problem
> > with it is that you only get one per day to solve. So I have taken the
> > liberty of making an unlimited version (in LC of course)
> > https://alilloyd.livecodehosting.com/wordle/wordle.html

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org