Chart widget and axes which are time values.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Feb 22 08:54:59 EST 2022

I've been trying to use the new chart widget, but no success yet.

All the charts I want to do have times (or dates) along the X axis.

I can see that any options which have not been wrapped in LC can be set
by doing something like:

    put the chartJSONOptions of widget "mine" into tA
    put "time" into tA["scales"]["x"]["type"]
    set the chartJSONOptions of widget "mine" to tA

but this still gives me

     Error: This method is not implemented:
     Check that a complete date adapter is provided.

and I have no idea how to provide a date adapter from LC.

Has anyone else tried date/times with more success ?

(The chart.js documentation implies there is a default adapter - so
nothing should need to be done. It also talks about installing JS
libraries for other adapters - but I don't quite get it).

Thanks,

Alex.