resetall?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Feb 21 11:57:48 EST 2022

On 2022-02-21 16:51, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> Before I report this one...
>
> I thought resetall was supposed to close open sockets. There's even a
> warning in the docs about it being a brute force close. But it doesn't
> seem to do anything useful. Am I missing something?

Its a synonym for libUrlResetAll - and was only really intended to reset
libUrl state I think (so its not clear to me why it didn't only ever
touch the sockets libUrl was using).

These days if tsNet is loaded then it will just reset tsNet's state:

on libUrlResetAll
   local i

   -- CW-2016-06-11: [[ External driver support ]] Call driver specific
reset command if external driver is in use.
   if lvExtDriver is not empty then
     ulDeleteLocals
     ulExtResetDriver
   else
     if there is a stack "libUrl" then put empty into fld "log1" of stack
"libURL"
     repeat for each line i in the openSockets
       close socket i
     end repeat

     ulDeleteLocals
     put true into lvJumpOut
     send "ulDeleteLocals" to me in 5 milliseconds
   end if
end libUrlResetAll

If you want to brute force close all sockets then I suggest:

     repeat for each line i in the openSockets
       close socket i
     end repeat

:)

Warmest Regards,