Hey Lurkers: Anyone still using LC 6.7? (Regulars too)

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Apr 4 08:08:02 EDT 2022

> Am 10.03.2022 um 20:39 schrieb doc hawk via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Gosh, I never got *any* version of 6 to work well enough to use!

Really? I've updated old and created new apps with different versions of LC6 w/o any big problems.
The apps do db stuff (MSSQL and MySQL), FTP uploads/downloads, dp post/get requests and we used LC Server 6 on our webserver for several tasks e.g form processing, db communication, handling post requests and others. That all worked fine here.

As soon as a new version, even DP, comes out and if time allows, i try to create at least our in-house apps with the new version.
Firstly this helps to find bugs in the new version, at least in the areas our apps are using, and secondly, it ensures also that our apps can also be created with that new version.

That above is, of course, not to say that others did not have problems with LC6. Just wanted to share my experience with 6

Matthias