IDE line number doesn't update
curry at pair.com
Tue Sep 21 08:51:56 EDT 2021
> beside the horrible IDE performance in general
> the line number doesn't gets updated when scrolling the code
> Has anybody perhaps found any tweak to get the line # working again?
Only the same tactic you mentioned:
> You have to click the mouse into the code, to get the line # updated
So the user discipline: Look at code, scroll, click, look at line#.
This feature keeps us on our toes. :)
> This is an issue dating all the way back to LC9.0.0.
> It has been raised several times
> I've ended up at Bug 23117
Is there a separate Bug reported on this?
It is not the same as performance issues.
(The SE has performance issues, and even
line # performance limits I would think,
but not updating is a separate bug.)
I am still a bit sick with the tail end of COVID,
so not up to searching or reporting bugs this week.
Separate LC 9 SE Bugs we have, or had:
- Performance and practical script size limit.
- This one, line # updating.
- Messed up handler indentation.
- Disassociation of SE from script's object.
- SE window disappears if too many tabs.
- Excessive disk use (for HDD/antivirus)
- SE confusion about last insertion point/scroll.
- Weird text hilites in SE.
Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
LiveCode Training and Consulting
More information about the use-livecode