Android SDK lesson

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 15:15:49 EDT 2021

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for answering,  I was being sarcastic and did not expect a fire and
forget to install, but at least one that didn't entail swearing at
inanimate objects,, software and companies big and small. .

 What I actually hoped for was a pointer to the de facto thread that means
I don't have to spend days
looking for problems that others have solved

There are lots of threads but I have yet to find one that is definitive for
the latest version or at least 1 version back.

Like I always say - developers should always eat their own dog food (to
personal friends I don't use the words dog  food - you know what i mean?)

I will look for a thread by you and expect that it should be the latest
unless you say otherwise - you didn't say if it works on the latest yet
though - which version of indy should I use?

Regards Lagi

On Sat, 18 Sept 2021 at 19:22, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode <

> Good luck with that. For the last two people I helped on the Forum with
> that issue, it turned out that Google had provided a version of Android
> Studio where key build tools were missing. I discovered this after days of
> investigation in trying to help people get their setup working and after I
> uploaded a 300mb zip file to the cloud which the user used to replace the
> relevant folder in his Android Studio installation. Google broke AS on both
> Linux and OSX (and possibly Windows too).
>
> You can see the big yellow warning callouts in the Lesson to which you
> link. There's probably more replies to that Livecode Lesson than any
> other.  I've advised LC Ltd on what I think they should do to simply the
> install/setup for Android development.
>
> Considering that Google broke the later versions of their tool and Google
> hide the unbroken versions (not to mention the lunacy of Google's
> naming-numbering), you are not going to find a one button solution from LC
> that works around all those issues.
>
> Regards, Bernard
>

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 5:01 PM Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have not compiled for Android for nearly 3 years now and Ive had new
> > machines. I want to install the SDK and I remember the
> > problems I had originally - so to save my mental health
> >
> > Can someone (Panos?) point me to the LATEST lessons for the latest
> version
> > that will install with 1 press of  a button please (sarcasm).
> >
> > I have the lesson here
> >
> > https://lessons.livecode.com/m/2571/l/625198-livecode-and-android-studio
> >
> > But it mentions Java 8 and to uninstall 9 and 10 (I have none installed
> on
> > this machine)
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards Lagi