AW: IDE performance (Re: Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:52:52 EDT 2021

I pasted 8000 lines of text into Script Editor on Windows (just 1 large
block comment).  On typing chars take a couple of seconds to appear once
there is that much text.  Cut it down to 800 lines and it's fine.

With 8000 lines switch off "live errors" and the slow typing issue is gone.

I've asked Erik to try with 8000 line comment on his 32GB rig, since he has
no problems. He might have to increase the size of the text in that field
to 12000 or 16000, but I suspect eventually he too will get your treacle.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 4:52 PM Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <