IDE performance (Re: Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Sep 8 11:58:06 EDT 2021

I also have seen the autocomplete stop and start working, and that on a Mac. It may have something to do with the length of the script. I have also seen the extreme slowdown issue on Windows script editor and also in the performance. Most of the performance hit is in the frequent saves I inserted into my code to compensate for an old issue where the IDE would crash to desktop. But also I have tested sql queries, and they are also several times slower, as is populating datagrids and other things.

As I have stated, I have done timing tests on several Windows platforms and have posted those results in the past, so I won't go through that exercise again. Suffice it to say that the Mac standalone I would be willing to market (if my code were good enough) but I would never attempt to market a Windows version of my code at this point.

Bob S