Sample stacks / revOnline [was: Re: Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition]

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Sep 6 09:11:47 EDT 2021

In the main thread, I mentioned that I found revOnline (aka "Sample
Stacks"), but didn't say how or why. Here the answer to that ...

It has:

- no differentiation between 'libraries' and 'examples'

- it has no support for script-only stacks, which is surely the way most
libraries will be done nowadays.

- a left hand scrolling box with ~90 'categories', in no particular
order, no grouping

- grid vs list view - list shows you a list, which is basically the same
as a 1-wide grid rather than 2-wide, plus a larger view of some random
other item (OK, it's not random - it simply doesn't update when it should)

- updates when you click on the picture - but gives no cursor hint that
you can do that

- a drop-down list for sort order - which isn't sized adequately when
you first open revonline

- a 'search' box which must search something, but I don't know what.
There is a sample stack called "Compare stack scripts", and which is
tagged as "compare" - but isn't found if you search for "compare".

- and I usually find things via "browser + google" (or similar) and the
stuff in samples stacks isn't visible that way.

Hmmmm - maybe I've just found my next project :-)

Alex.