Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition

Dan Brown daniel at digitalfauna.io
Sun Sep 5 09:39:29 EDT 2021

Worse still...

Dan:

 > Introduce breaking changes when it's necessary
 > to move the language forward

We tried "cut off the old hair" memes already, remember?

I would argue that retaining legacy functionality and behaviours whilst
trying to modernise or improve a language introduces bugs and is a drain on
resources. Hence why nearly every successful language has had to bite the
bullet at points and break compatibility in order to move forward. That
didn't happen during the refactor (it probably should have). Maintaining a
stable code base whilst still supporting 10 year old stacks hasn't worked

On Sun, 5 Sep 2021, 15:32 Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode, <