Text encoding: summary of results and times.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Sep 3 20:29:24 EDT 2021

I went back and re-did the tests, checking on the results.

The file *is* UTF8, so I need to textDecode() it; if I don't, the result
are simply wrong, and so the times are irrelevant.

1. Once it has been textDecoded(), i.e. is in internal format, and I run
my algorithm it gets the correct results, taking 115.1 seconds.

2. BUT, if just before the algorithm is run, I do a textEncode(tStr,
"UTF8") , it gets the correct results (identical to the above), but in
only 3.3 seconds.

The code, in a zip file containing the test stack, SpellCheck Library,
and the 'bible' and "war&peace" sample textfiles, can be downloaded from

     https://www.tweedly.org/Downloads/SpellLib.gz

if anyone wants to look at it.

Alex.