Text encoding.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 2 22:55:57 EDT 2021

I made the same mistake at first. The concepts felt backward to me, it
seemed like we should encode text into the format we were aiming for. So If
I wanted UTF16 I should encode it that way. If I wanted UTF8 for outbound
text I should decode the UTF16 that LC uses.

When the receiving server scripts went haywire I finally figured it out,
but not before the Rails programmer wrote code to undo the gibberish I was
sending.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On September 2, 2021 7:55:45 PM Alex Tweedly via use-livecode