Suggestion: Non-Appbuilding Community Edition

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 22:05:05 EDT 2021

Hi Lagi,
I have the LC IDE running on a remote Windows Server with 1 core (2Ghz) and
2GB ram. It struggles at times but is still usable (truly amazingly).
Otherwise, I run it on Windows through Parallels Desktop with VM 8 cores
and 8GB on an 8core 32GB Macbook Pro. Saving a stack takes 15 times longer
in Win compared to the same machine in macOS. Other than the slight lag and
bugginess of the script editor this is the only slowness I see. Unicode
slows down some procedures but that is not limited to the IDE.

I hope you can work out what is slowing it down to treacle speeds for you.
It sounds a bit odd to me.

On Fri, 3 Sept 2021 at 00:16, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode <