LiveCode Community - anyone up for maintaining the community edition?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:02:21 EDT 2021

I'll refer again to the Firebird project. One of the ways they were able to
build on this opensource project was that as a community they employed and
funded programmers (mostly in Russia, if memory serves) to add the features
the community wanted.  So one way or another FOSS projects end up requiring
payment.

There are other FOSS projects where the developers of the project end up
getting fame because of it, leading to them being head-hunted as a team,
leaving the project languishing as the developers all go off to be
employees of Twitter, etc.  In other projects the developers get employed
as consultants in implementations of the project in corporate environments.

I look on payment to Livecode Ltd as payment to protect me from low-level
languages. With that mentality the idea of contributing to the C source
code is the opposite of what I want. I suspect most LC users have this
mentality.

Regards Bernard.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 1:28 PM Andre Garzia via use-livecode <