Licensing model change

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Sep 1 05:02:57 EDT 2021

You speak from my heart.
I had exactly the same thoughts about a free version. And i was proven right at least here in my edged circle (i hope that is the correct expression). Whenever I suggested to people, who used the software for creating internally for their company, to support LC at least with a Community Plus subscription, I always got the same answer: Why should I buy a license when I can do everything with the free version.  :)

Although i have a lifetime Indy License, i have an "add-on" subscription to Business, although i even do not use any of the Business features at the moment. But i will keep this subscription as long as i can afford paying it.

The only thing that is really a pity with this new change is, that there is no Livecode Server Community anymore. My hope was, that the free version of Livecode Server would be installed by more and more  hosting providers in the future.
But maybe Livecode will be evaluating something, so interested hosting providers could still install Livecode Server on their hosting platforms for free.

Matthias