Anyone using/playing with .fit files?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sun Oct 31 11:36:44 EDT 2021

I’ve just come across these files which are generated by sport apps (such as Garmin and Specialized) and also have health applications. The format appears to be open and was I think originated by Garmin. The SDK is available but not too friendly to a Mac/LC person.

My interest is in extracting suitable data for a .gpx file to show routes and other stats related to bike rides. I believe I could code this in LC but I wondered if anyone else had tried it.

TIA

Graham