Mudslinging and consequences - a change to our policy

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:21:44 EDT 2021

On Oct 28, 2021, at 9:47 AM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> The following article will really get your thinking about infinity:

I took my Set Theory from Halmos himself.  At the time, I knew he must be a major figure, as there was an “with apologies to Halmos” in the introduction.

I just din’t realize *how* big until years later.

I mentioned it in a graduate math class (stochastic calculus), and the entire room, including the professor, simply stopped and stared.

But the various infinities coming from him were one of the “drinking from a firehose” experiences . . .