[ANN] Release 9.6.5 RC-2
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Mon Oct 25 07:54:02 EDT 2021
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.5 RC-2.
Getting the Release
You can find the release in your LiveCode account area or get it via the
LiveCode 9.6.5 RC-2 comes with 5 regression fixes:
- Fix regression in performance of simple loops involving accumulating
- Fix Android standalones built with a trial license crashing on startup
- Fix error when completing interactive tutorials when pro features pack
is not present
- Fix intermittent crash on startup when apps run on iOS 15
- Fix abort on startup of mobile apps when using the Test button without
the pro features pack.
For the full list of all fixes, updates and enhancements please see the
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
To build iOS apps with LiveCode you must have the appropriate versions of
Xcode as follows:
- macOS 10.13.4: Xcode 10.1 - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS 12.1
- macOS 10.14.4: Xcode 11.3.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 10.15.4: Xcode 12.4.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 11.x. : Xcode 12.5.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
There is a full list of working LiveCode/macOS/Xcode combinations here:
Note: Whilst we endeavour to release updated versions of LiveCode
supporting the latest Xcode/iOS SDKs as quickly as possible; we strongly
recommend disabling automatic update of Xcode or downloading the specific
version of Xcode required directly from the Apple developer portal and
installing it separately.
Important: From the start of April 2021, Apple is only accepting apps built
using iOS14.x SDKs. This means that, if you wish to submit apps to the
AppStore you will have to be running at least macOS 10.15 in order to be
able to install the necessary version of Xcode.
Please report any bugs encountered on our quality center at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode